We are looking for a seasoned accounting and finance professional that preferably has experience working in either real estate or construction environments. Over the past several months, House Buyers’ growth and profitability have continued to increase exponentially – to the tune of 26% sales growth in Q1 of 2020 when compared Q1 of 2019. Even during the COVID-19 lockdowns this year, our margins have grown 55% from Jan - May 2020 compared to 2019. In Q3 2020 vs. Q3 2019: Gross Margin % increased by 80%, Ratified Acquisitions increased by 18%, and Ratified Outsales increased by 19%. The company has recently embarked on a robust, multi-level television advertising campaign that has generated significant results, in the form of increased acquisitions, brand recognition, and sales.
House Buyers of America is currently experiencing tremendous growth and has just opened up a new position in our Accounting/Finance Department. We're constantly reviewing new contracts and growing YOY, which this role will directly support. The Controller is responsible for overseeing Accounting, Human Resources, and IT functions. Responsibilities include overseeing all reports, ensuring accuracy of accounting, tracking budgets, overseeing all employee benefits, acquiring/maintaining all necessary insurance, and implementing policies and procedures. The Controller will manage the relationship with its CPA firm and ensure all tax filings are done on a timely basis. Oversee Accounting and HR staff.
• Manage Accounting and HR staff.
• Manage all data entry of general ledger, cash management, account reconciliation, payroll processing, preparation of taxes (payroll, State and federal), and processing of accounts receivable and payable.
• Tax Returns: Prepare financial data for both business and CEO’s personal accounts for our CPA firm to file tax returns.
• Financial Analysis: prepare reports financial reports such as tracking inventory, cashflow forecasting, job costing, etc.
• Conduct monthly reconciliations and audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data.
• Analyze financial data and produce financial forecasts and various financial reports for the CEO.
• Develop the Finance and Accounting infrastructure along with developing/establishing internal controls and procedures.
• Raising equity, obtaining or raising line of credit limits to ensure ongoing expansion.
• Ensure all Settlements are being processed and closed in a timely manner. Audit all HUD/ALTA statements for accuracy.
• Oversee investor relations, business planning, and financial modeling for new business ventures and national expansion. Market Research may be required for launching into new markets.
• Manage the relationship with its CPA firm and ensure all tax filings are done on a timely basis.
• Track Budgets: help establish and hold department heads accountable for their budgets. Track and manage construction budgets and variances for each job.
• Manage utilities to make sure they’re turned on and off promptly as we buy and sell homes.
• Manage Payroll and Bonus/Commission processing.
• Make sure House Buyers is properly insured in all areas.
• Benefits Management.
• Office Management: manage office lease & issues with office. Ensure all office supplies ordered and manage reception.
• Policies, Procedures, Training: update the training manuals for accounting/finance.
• Reviewing Contracts; functional Business Management – attentional to detail is key.
• Work with leasing consultants, negotiate terms, sit-in on contraction meetings.
• Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. Being a fast-paced, dynamic company, House Buyers employees can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties when necessary.
• 10 years minimum experience in a corporate accounting/finance management position.
• CPA preferred, but not required.
• Residential Real Estate/Construction experience.
• Experience with a higher-level accounting software package such as Timberline or Sage 100. Advanced Excel user.
• Job Costing in Construction experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Masters preferred.
About House Buyers of America
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. House Buyers buys, renovates, and resells a high volume of homes. The Company offers a guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell their house without paying a 6% Realtor commission. House Buyers buys properties “AS-IS”, so sellers have no need to renovate their homes. House Buyers has a history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of houses. The Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age. www.HouseBuyersOfAmerica.com
Your application was submitted successfully.