Looking for a highly talented, energetic Human Resources Manager to take our team to the next level. Competitive salary, great benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, work hard/play hard environment. Join a fast growing team!
Summary: The Human Resources (HRM) will oversee all aspects of Human Resources, including, but not limited to, recruiting, training, motivating and firing personnel, compensation, HR policy and procedures, benefits, HR technology, new employee orientation, internal communication, EEO enforcement, and employee morale. The HRM plays an integral role ensuring House Buyers is hiring the best people. The HRM will spend the majority of his/her time recruiting the best talent. The HRM will also act as the Office Manager. With House Buyers being a dynamic, fast-growing company, the Manager will be wearing many hats. The HRM will be establishing infrastructure while managing day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all aspects of the Human Resources Department, including, but not limited to, recruiting and firing personnel, compensation, HR policy and procedures, benefits, HR technology, new employee orientation, internal communication, EEO enforcement, training and education, and employee morale.
- Hire, train, manage, and, when necessary, fire HR staff.
- Hire and manage search firms to recruit A players.
- Recruit for candidates directly through multiple means: cold calling, networking, advertisements, job fairs, college campuses, and any other creative method to hire A players. Continuous recruiting will be necessary at all times to ensure a continual pipeline of candidates in all departments to support future growth.
- Onboarding new employees and ensure technology and tools required for each new hire is in place prior to the start date.
- Act as a player/coach in which the Manager will not only oversee staff and HR operations, but will also screen resumes and network for candidates as needed.
- Train all managers and executives on how to network for and recruit A players.
- Establish and update policies and procedures on all HR issues to minimize House Buyers’ legal liability.
- Hire outside legal counsel and HR advisor to counsel House Buyers on key strategic and legal matters related to HR.
- Establish compensation plans for all employees. Ensure that compensation plans are driven by performance. Develop retention programs.
- Develop Succession Plans for all positions.
- Develop HR strategy. Strategic planning to include the creation of a lean, flat organization. Detailed planning will be essential to facilitate House Buyers’ nationwide launch.
- Develop an employment manual and supervisor’s manual and enforce HR policy.
- Find the best HR technology and work with IT to implement it. Develop and HRIS and a resume database.
- Develop/update an annual review process and 360 degree feedback.
- Help continuously promote House Buyers’ core values, vision and mission continually to employees through new hire orientations, meetings, collateral, and any other means necessary.
- Develop extensive training programs for all departments at House Buyers. Ensure training is consistent and thorough. Training to cover both personal and professional growth.
- Develop and internship program.
- Help foster a positive, team environment at House Buyers.
- Manage the office. Manage IT support to ensure computers are maintained properly and equipment functioning well. Order office supplies.
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. Being a dynamic, fast-growing company, House Buyers employees can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties when necessary.
- Minimum 3-5 years of HR management and recruiting experience with a solid performance track record.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience at a Manager level or above
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good computer skills.
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 27% in Q2 of 2021 vs Q2 of 2020!
- We’re growing fast! Our Q2YTD 2021 acquisitions increased by 43% compared to 2020!
- We’re profitable! Our net profit increased in Q2YTD 2021 by 33% for the same time last year!
- Our margins are growing – Our gross margin (%) increased 29% in Q2YTD 2021 for the same time last year!
- We’re in the middle of a rapid, nationwide expansion. So far in 2021 we launched into six new markets - Hampton Roads, Richmond, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Philadelphia and Atlanta... and more to come!
About House Buyers of America
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. House Buyers buys, renovates, and resells a high volume of homes. The Company offers a guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell their house without paying a 6% Realtor commission. House Buyers buys properties “AS-IS”, so sellers have no need to renovate their homes. House Buyers has a history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of houses. The Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age. www.housebuyersofamerica.com